Potential Positive Impact of Knights for Neighbors:
1. It showcases talents and needs that would otherwise be overlooked among our members.
2. It gives us another leaf in the arsenal of fraternal cohesion by alerting others to who we are, what we do, where we travel, and what Saints we admire.
3. It helps other Knights see what we do and offers a concrete way to support families who are often reluctant to express they are struggling to make ends meet.
4. It serves as a crucial "conversation starter" and a means to find out more about who we are and what we do.
5. It honors spouses and children of our Council by showcasing them directly and indirectly on the website. We celebrate their lives and accomplishments.
6. It helps a Knight find work, or communicates a prayer need to other Knights.
7. Knights for Neighbors provides an open, positive environment to communicate about an employment need or a useful skill, without necessitating face-to-face interaction that may feel embarrassing or awkward.
8. It is voluntary; no one has to participate; no one is pressured to do so.
9. In time, some revenue from donations can be used to support Catholic charities.
10. It is common among Jews, Amish, Mormons, and Orthodox to seek out professionals within their own faith traditions. support open professional exchange among Christians and especially Catholics.
12. Why should Angie's List, Craig's List, Amazon, Target, or Wal-Mart have all the fun?